Residents and local people are being invited to have their say on a range of projects aimed at helping to regenerate Bishop Auckland.
Bishop Auckland has secured over £50 million of government funding which will support a number of projects to develop and build a better Bishop Auckland for everyone.
This includes funding from The Stronger Towns Fund and the Future High Street Fund.
Durham County Council are working on the design and delivery of these projects which include:
- Market Place improvements
- property reuse fund
- improvements to shared pedestrian and vehicle spaces along Fore Bondgate
- a new hotel in the Market Place Hotel
- an artists’ hub
- a new use for the Mechanics Institute
- improved traffic layout at Tindale Triangle
Have your say on their public consultation, closing date for comments is 11.59pm on 21 November 2022.
In addition to the online survey, a number of drop-in sessions are available for people to attend. Durham County Council representatives will be on hand at these events to explain the proposed projects as well as how they link with the existing programme of improvements that are underway.
These are being held at 43 Newgate Street (old Home Bargains shop) on the following dates:
- Friday 4 November, from 9.00am until 12.30pm
- Tuesday 8 November, from 1.00pm until 4.30pm
- Thursday 10 November, from 9.00am until 12.30pm
- Friday 11 November, from 1.00pm until 4.00pm
- Tuesday 15 November, from 1.00pm until 4.30pm
For more information visit www.durham.gov.uk