In July 2017, Ryder Architecture consulted with local people, business and interested bodies to find out what is important for Bishop Auckland.
There were 661 responses to the online survey, and 113 paper surveys completed, as well as direct feedback and Post-It notes from the exhibition.
All the thoughts and suggestions have been considered and have helped shape the initial masterplan ideas.
These consultations are helping to create options for a masterplan for the future of the town until 2033.
Durham County Council have appointed Ryder Architecture and a team of consultants, overseen by the Brighter Bishop Auckland partnership to prepare the town centre masterplan.
Local people are now being asked their views which will help to gauge how well the current research is addressing the following as part of the masterplan:
- the quality of the environment
- what key spaces in the town are used for and how people use them
- how people will get to and around the town
- how people will develop their knowledge and skills to access any new job opportunities
- what we and our partners need to do to make the town function better
To complete the survey, you will need to look at the images and text in the masterplan document.
Then have your say by completing the online survey here (this should take around 3 minutes)
The closing date for comments is Monday 20th August 2018.
For more information visit the Durham County Council ‘Brighter Bishop Auckland’ page.