Eat Out to Help Out is a UK government scheme running throughout August which will give everyone across the UK 50% off when eating out.
Below are the participating businesses in Bishop Auckland town centre that are taking part in the scheme.
- Bishop Auckland Town Hall – Market Place
- The Reading Rooms – 1 Market Place
- Stanley Jefferson (Wetherspoon) – 5 Market Place
- Chang Thai Restaurant – 7 Market Place (Wednesday’s only)
- Breaking Bread Kitchen & Bakehouse – 8 Market Place
- Fifteas Vintage Tearoom – 9 Market Place
- The Merry Monk – 30 Market Place
- Sam Zair’s Cafe – 10 Fore Bondgate
- Spice Lounge – 11 Fore Bondgate
- Saffron Indian Cuisine – 29a Fore Bondgate
- Spudfellas – 68 Fore Bondgate
- The Fox’s Tale – 2-4 Newgate Street
- Rio Bar Cafe – 1a Tenters Street
- Panda Panda Restaurant – 1 Tenters Street
- Clems Fish Restaurant – 3-4 Tenters Street
- The Smokehouse – 2 Railway Street
- Hippodrome Bingo – 27 Railway Street
- King’s Cafe and Retail – 77 Newgate Street
- Temptations – 160 Newgate Street
- The Hot Rooster – 175 Newgate Street (Wednesday’s only)
- Station Hotel – 201 Newgate Street
- Caps Off – 3 Bob Hardisty Drive
The following businesses are located on the outskirts of the town centre and will also be taking part.
- Pollards Inn – 104 Etherley Lane, DL14 6TU
- Casa Nostra Restaurant – 36 Cockton Hill Road, DL14 6AH
- The Red Alligator – Auckland Road, DL14 6SP
- Park Head Hotel – 13 Park View Terrace, DL14 8QB
- The Top House – 34 Park View Terrace, DL14 8QB
- The Saxon Inn – 1 Saxon Green, DL14 7SY
- The 68 Cafe – Toft Hill Lane, Bishop Auckland, DL14 0JF
We will continue to update the list above with participating businesses that are open and signed up.
How will the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme work?
You’ll be able to get a 50% discount on sit-down meals and non-alcoholic drinks without having to produce a voucher or do anything! It will be applied automatically when you pay.
Capped at £10 off per person, per meal, it will apply on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 3rd-31st August 2020.
How many times can you use the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ discount?
You can use the discount as many times and in as many participating pubs, restaurants and cafes as you want. You can use it multiple times in the same place as well.
What about service charge and other discount vouchers?
Service charge will be excluded from the discount and it will not apply to takeaways, but it can be used on top of any other vouchers you may already have.
This means that if you use a 10% off restaurant voucher, that would come off your bill first, and then you would get a further 50% off the remaining amount.
We do also advise that you check with the business before ordering as well.
Will the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ discount be limited to certain dishes?
No. Those participating must apply the discount across their entire menu.
Local business, why not sign up to the scheme?
For more information about the scheme visit the Government website